Use this Jerk Marinade along with our Jerk spice blend (dropping 8.23.21) for the best Jerk Chicken, Pork, or whatever you desire.
2 bunches of Green Onion, chopped
1 large Shallot, quartered
1 head of Garlic, cloves peeled
2 inch nub of Ginger, roughly chopped
5 sprigs of Thyme
3 Scotch Bonnets
2Tbsp of Allspice
1/2 Nutmeg, grated
1/4 cup Vinegar
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
1Tbsp Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Mango Orange Juice
1/2Tbsp Jerk spice blend
Juice of 1 Lime
1/4 cup of Oil
- Add all ingredients except for oil to a blender or food processor and blend until desired texture. Work in batches if necessary.
- Slowly drizzle in oil while blender is running.
- Pour into mason jar and spray a layer of oil on top to preserve.
- Scotch Bonnets can be difficult to find in certain regions, especially the United States; feel free to substitute with habanero chilis.
- We keep the seeds in our Scotch Bonnets for a really spicy kick; remove seeds to lessen the heat level.
- Browning is a popular ingredient widely used in Caribbean cooking to add color to recipes; if you can't find browning, use Kitchen Bouquet.
- To ensure this marinade stays fresh, be sure to spray a layer of oil on top after each use. This should keep in the refrigerator for at least a month.